Bashaw Star Bashaw News
- ‘Just horrid’: Police watchdog now investigating death of man in Alberta RCMP cellby The Canadian Press on August 19, 2022 at 7:10 pm in News, crime
An Alberta man is hoping for answers now that the province’s police watchdog is investigating the death of his son while in RCMP custody.
- The Dieppe raid: 80 years laterby Kevin Sabo on August 19, 2022 at 4:40 pm in Canada & World, News, Features
Eighty years ago, in the early morning hours of Aug. 19, 1942, a flotilla of ships was crossing the English channel bound for Hitler’s Fortress Europe.
- Edmonton man, 19, arrested in Maple Ridge mall bear spray robberyby Colleen Flanagan on August 19, 2022 at 1:00 am in News, Maple Ridge
Police unsure if there are more suspects
- Dementia Friendly Community Initiative is having an impact in Lacombeby Mark Weber on August 18, 2022 at 6:45 pm in News
‘Each program has been tailored for all the different needs that individuals with dementia have.’
- Classic car tour making Stettler stopby Kevin Sabo on August 17, 2022 at 8:30 pm in Local News, News
A group of vintage car enthusiasts on a coast-to-coast tour of Canada will be stopping in Stettler on Aug. 22 and 23.
- Alberta fire crews provide backup for southern B.C. wildfiresby Sam Konnert on August 17, 2022 at 8:30 pm in News, B.C. Wildfires 2022
Two unit crews have been sent ahead of inclement weather
- UFO sightings on the rise in B.C., Alberta? At least, according to researchersby Sam Konnert on August 17, 2022 at 8:20 pm in Trending Now, Aliens
British Columbians are more likely to claim to see UFOs than the rest of Canada
- Saskatchewan to send patients to Alberta for privatized surgery, won’t pay for travelby The Canadian Press on August 17, 2022 at 8:15 pm in News
Saskatchewan will begin paying a Calgary clinic this fall to perform 20 knee and hip surgeries a month
- Feds announce four new passport service sites as backlog continuesby The Canadian Press on August 17, 2022 at 8:10 pm in News
Nearly 1.1 million applications for new and renewed passports have been filed since April
- Releasing oilsands tailings into river only one solution being considered: Guilbeaultby The Canadian Press on August 17, 2022 at 8:06 pm in News
Comments come as investigators from UNESCO arrive in Alberta to consider threats to Wood Buffalo Park