- B.C. Lions chase down Calgary Stampeders with 41-40 comeback winon August 14, 2022 at 3:26 am
Sean Whyte’s 25-yard field goal with two seconds left in the fourth quarter capped a B.C. Lions’ comeback in a 41-40 win over the host Calgary Stampeders on Saturday.
- ‘Clearly a breakdown’: Kenney condemns controversial essay, links firestorm to slow news weekon August 14, 2022 at 3:10 am
Alberta Premier Jason Kenney condemned a controversial prize-winning essay that’s been criticized for being sexist and racist during his provincewide radio call-in program, but also appeared to downplay the controversy it generated.
- Canada tops Czechia 5-1 in world junior hockey championshipon August 14, 2022 at 2:56 am
Canada improved it record to three wins and no losses Saturday at the world junior hockey championship in Edmonton after scoring a 5-1 win against Czechia.
- Residents escape Wildwood home struck by lightning during Friday stormon August 13, 2022 at 10:31 pm
Friday night’s thunderstorm had Calgarians in every corner of the city watching the skies, but it was too close for comfort for one family in Wildwood.
- Calgary police investigate after stolen truck crashedon August 13, 2022 at 9:40 pm
Calgary police are looking for the public’s help to track down a female suspect who they say stole a truck and then crashed it in Bowness.
- Calgary Carifest honours Caribbean culture as thousands gather to celebrateon August 13, 2022 at 9:22 pm
A couple thousand Calgarians wore colourful costumes, played traditional music and danced for hours in the downtown streets Saturday morning to celebrate Caribbean culture.
- 1 dead following crash in southwest Calgaryon August 13, 2022 at 1:55 pm
Officials say a driver has died after a serious crash early Saturday morning in southwest Calgary.
- Small wildfire burning near Banff’s east gateson August 13, 2022 at 3:58 am
A small wildfire was burning Friday night around 8:30 p.m., according to the national park’s Twitter feed.
- Divisional clash of Lions, Stampeders features quarterback intrigueon August 13, 2022 at 3:27 am
Which quarterback will grab the spotlight is a prominent subplot of Saturday’s divisional clash between the B.C. Lions and host Calgary Stampeders.
- Calgary police, humane society seize 42 animals in northeast Calgaryon August 13, 2022 at 1:52 am
Police and the Calgary Humane Society have launched a joint investigation after seizing 42 animals from a northeast Calgary property Friday morning.