- Kitchener Rangers announce training camp dateson August 19, 2022 at 7:31 pm
The Kitchener Rangers will be back on the ice in August for their annual training camp.
- Les Armstrong won’t seek fourth term a Wilmot Township mayoron August 19, 2022 at 6:58 pm
Les Armstrong announced Friday that he will not be seeking a fourth term as mayor of Wilmot Township.
- University of Guelph research facility receives $8.9 million booston August 19, 2022 at 6:52 pm
The world-renowned Centre for Biodiversity Genomics (CBG) at the University of Guelph has been awarded more than $8.9 million by the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI).
- Deadline looms for October’s municipal electionon August 19, 2022 at 5:28 pm
Those planning to run in the upcoming municipal election have until 2 p.m. Friday to register.
- Ontario considers new ways to fund $10-a-day child care in bid to boost uptakeon August 19, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Ontario is considering new ways to fund the national $10-a-day child-care program in the province as it seeks to address operator concerns in an ongoing bid to increase uptake, particularly from the for-profit sector, The Canadian Press has learned.
- Walkerton and Chesley emergency closureson August 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
The emergency departments (ED) at Walkerton and Chesley hospitals will have closures over the weekend starting Friday evening.
- Two Milton men charged with ‘drive-off thefts’ from Waterloo Region dealershipson August 19, 2022 at 4:40 pm
Two men from Milton have been charged for six “drive-off thefts” at car dealerships in Waterloo Region.
- Charges laid in February shooting incident at Fergus homeon August 19, 2022 at 4:11 pm
A man from Elora is facing a long list of charges after multiple gunshots were fired at a Fergus home back in February.
- Pfizer booster approved for children aged 5-11 by Health Canadaon August 19, 2022 at 3:40 pm
Chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam says Health Canada is authorizing a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for children between five and 11 years old.
- Region approves first-ever sanctioned encampment siteon August 19, 2022 at 2:35 am
The Region of Waterloo council approved a series of measures on Thursday to help ease the growing homelessness crisis, including a first-ever decision to permit an encampment.