- Western receives $3.9 million investment for its wind testing facilityon August 19, 2022 at 7:14 pm
A facility at Western University that’s capable of generating weather systems such as tornadoes and hurricanes received a large investment from the federal government on Friday.
- An ‘incredible site’: City resumes plans to redevelop Byron gravel pitson August 19, 2022 at 5:08 pm
Nature trails, park land, how about an event venue? They’re all among the ideas being considered for the future of the Byron gravel pits in west London.
- Walkerton and Chesley emergency closureson August 19, 2022 at 4:58 pm
The emergency departments (ED) at Walkerton and Chesley hospitals will have closures over the weekend starting Friday evening.
- New boundaries proposed for Ontario ridingson August 19, 2022 at 3:57 pm
The Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission for Ontario has unveiled new proposed ridings that would change boundaries in and around London.
- Pfizer booster approved for children aged 5-11 by Health Canadaon August 19, 2022 at 3:40 pm
Chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam says Health Canada is authorizing a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for children between five and 11 years old.
- Councillor Cassidy not seeking re-electionon August 19, 2022 at 12:16 pm
Two-term city councillor and former deputy mayor Maureen Cassidy will not seek re-election this fall. Just hours before the deadline for candidates to register at city hall, Coun. Cassidy confirms her decision to step aside.
- Activist ‘in hiding’ fearing for her safetyon August 19, 2022 at 11:19 am
Popular Twitch user and local transgender activist Clara Sorrenti, says she is currently in hiding fearing for her safety. Sorrenti says she has received threats after going public with an incident involving London police. She posted the experience on YouTube Thursday night.
- OPP discriminated against migrant workers during DNA sweep: Human Rights Tribunal of Ontarioon August 19, 2022 at 1:08 am
The Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario (HRTO) has ruled that the OPP racially discriminated against migrant farm workers during a search for a suspected rapist in Elgin County in 2013.
- Why London police may no longer be responding to noise complaintson August 19, 2022 at 12:17 am
A joint pilot project between city hall and London police will see municipal by-law officers respond to most noise complaints. During the final quarter of 2022, an eight-member team of municipal noise and parking enforcement officers will respond to noise complaints 24/7.
- Clinton man charged with counselling to commit murderon August 18, 2022 at 11:19 pm
A 75-year-old from Clinton has been charged after reports the individual was soliciting assistance in committing murder.
- Apple warns of security flaw for iPhones, iPads and Macson August 18, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Apple disclosed serious security vulnerabilities for iPhones, iPads and Macs that could potentially allow attackers to take complete control of these devices.
- Family and friends remember hit-and-run victimon August 18, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Kevin Walsh was a larger than life personality that lived life to the fullest, his friends say. But, that life came to an abrupt end on July 19 when Walsh, his wife, and their two friends were struck by a passing motorist on a quiet street in Eugenia, Ont.
- ‘COVID-19 is here to stay’: Transmission likely to increase this fall, Dr. Alex Summers sayson August 18, 2022 at 7:32 pm
With back-to-school just around the corner, local health officials are anticipating that the region will likely see a jump in COVID-19 cases this fall.
- Sarnia mayor seeking another termon August 18, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Thirty-four years on the job and Sarnia mayor Mike Bradley is looking for more.
- Flames sign Nazem Kadri, Sean Monahan going to Montrealon August 18, 2022 at 5:23 pm
The Calgary Flames announced Thursday afternoon that the team has signed centre Nazem Kadri to a seven-year deal worth $7 million. Meanwhile, centre Sean Monahan is headed to the Montreal Canadiens.
- London man arrested in St. Catharines after armed robbery in North Bay: Policeon August 18, 2022 at 4:58 pm
A London, Ont. man has been arrested in St. Catharines in relation to an armed robbery in North Bay. On Aug. 16, Niagara Regional Police Service notified officers in St. Catharines that a wanted person may be in the area. On Aug. 17, police found and arrested a suspect in the area of Montebello Park, in St. Catharines.
- Boeing flies into London next weekon August 18, 2022 at 4:43 pm
CTV News has confirmed high-ranking Boeing Aircraft officials will visit London next week to discuss potential investment. Three days of meetings are planned with some area mayors, aviation industry officials and possible suppliers expected to attend.
- Woodstock man charged after witnesses report explosionson August 18, 2022 at 2:57 pm
Just after 5 a.m. on Wednesday, and again around 10:30 p.m., police responded to a parking lot at the intersection of Wilson Street and Peel Street to investigate a weapons-related call.
- Two people, one horse injured following Elgin County crashon August 18, 2022 at 2:09 pm
OPP in Elgin County are on scene of a crash involving an electric bike and a pickup truck hauling a livestock trailer. According to police, two people and one horse were injured in the crash that happened just after 7 a.m. at a Lyons Line, Malahide Township address.
- Police say three people in custody after armed break and enteron August 18, 2022 at 11:08 am
Three suspects are in custody following a break and enter on Wednesday, according to police. Middlesex OPP responded to a home on Bells Road in Middlesex Centre for a break and enter in progress just after 9 p.m. Wednesday night.