CTV Northern Ontario: Latest News CTV Northern Ontario: Latest News videos
- Nature festival at Laurier Woods on Saturdayon August 19, 2022 at 8:15 pm
A nature festival is taking place in North Bay this Saturday at the Laurier Woods Conservation Woods.
- Weather details you need for the weekendon August 19, 2022 at 4:52 pm
Here is what you need to know about the weather this weekend and beyond in northeastern Ontario.
- Sudbury businessman withdraws from mayor’s raceon August 19, 2022 at 4:30 pm
A downtown Sudbury businessman has had a change of heart about running for mayor.
- Sudbury’s SNOLAB gets huge funding booston August 19, 2022 at 4:16 pm
The federal minister of innovation, science and industry announced more than $100M in funding for an underground Sudbury research facility.
- Ontario autism program ‘unacceptable’: Sault womanon August 19, 2022 at 1:37 pm
A Sault Ste. Marie woman with five grandchildren with autism is speaking out about Ontario’s autism program. Cory Nordstrom has the details.
- Sault Ste. Marie council approves Mill Market moveon August 19, 2022 at 1:23 am
The relocation of Mill Market has received final approval from Sault Ste. Marie city council in an 8-3 vote, as recommended by city staff.
- New CEO of northern Ontario’s biggest airporton August 18, 2022 at 10:42 pm
Giovanna Verrilli began her duties this week as the CEO for the Sudbury airport and discusses her move to the nickel city.
- Timmins experiencing chronic issues with speederson August 18, 2022 at 10:40 pm
Timmins Police Service says at least twelve drivers have been caught in the last two days; with two charged with stunt driving.
- Sault city council to discuss big ticket itemson August 18, 2022 at 10:38 pm
Big projects to be discussed by Sault city council Thursday, the last chance to make major financial decisions before the next election.
- Local business owner in Timmins running for mayoron August 18, 2022 at 10:32 pm
A Timmins man who owns the city’s only taxi company is running for mayor, some residents concerned it could create a conflict of interest
- Concerns about another encampment in Sudburyon August 18, 2022 at 9:26 pm
The bylaw department in Sudbury confirms it’s working to clear an encampment in the bush on Ramsey Lake not far from the boat launch.
- Some Sudbury daycares moving ahead with $10/dayon August 18, 2022 at 9:18 pm
Daycares in Sudbury are planning ahead after opting in for the $10 a day child care program.
- Municipal election nomination deadline loomson August 18, 2022 at 8:50 pm
Only two people have filed papers to run and try and succeed Al McDonald as North Bay’s mayor as Friday’s 2 p.m. nomination deadline looms.
- Growing monster sized pumpkinson August 18, 2022 at 7:20 pm
It is more than half way through August and pumpkins are growing; we speak with Jeff Warner of Aidie Creek Gardens about growing big ones.
- Turning personal pain into a greater purposeon August 18, 2022 at 6:31 pm
Five Cent City: A new 5-part series on CTV News at 6 shares stories from people who have turned their personal pain into a great purpose.
- Heat and humidity with rain on the wayon August 18, 2022 at 6:25 pm
Hot, humid weather to continue in the northeast as rain and thunderstorms enter the region Friday. This is what you need to know.
- New legislation on Ontario long-term care expectedon August 18, 2022 at 6:23 pm
The Ford government is expected to introduce new long-term care legislation Thursday to help patients waiting for a bed.
- Ontario health minister making changes to systemon August 18, 2022 at 6:22 pm
Here are the changings coming to the Ontario health care system in an effort to help ease the current pressures.
- Couple tries for one more child, gets quadrupletson August 18, 2022 at 6:15 pm
A Texas family of five tried for one more child and found out they were expecting four babies instead.
- Wild police chase, shootout, carjackings caught on cameraon August 18, 2022 at 6:04 pm