- Man dead after shooting at Vaughan plaza parking loton August 14, 2022 at 3:06 am
A shooting at a plaza parking lot in Vaughan has left one man dead, York Regional Police say.
- Police fatally shoot man after woman stabbed at Scarborough home; SIU called inon August 13, 2022 at 7:25 pm
A man who allegedly stabbed a woman and held a child inside a Scarborough home was fatally shot by Toronto police officers following an interaction on Saturday afternoon.
- TTC service resumes at Union Station after ‘suspicious package’ evacuation: policeon August 13, 2022 at 5:02 pm
The TTC is resuming service at Union Station after areas were evacuated following the discovery of a “suspicious package” left on the platform Saturday afternoon, Toronto police say.
- Brampton teen arrested in connection with murder of Toronto rapper Houdini in May 2020on August 13, 2022 at 4:48 pm
A Brampton teen has been arrested in connection with the murder of a well-known Toronto rapper who was gunned down in the city’s Entertainment District over two years ago.
- About 14 per cent of Ontario hospitals reporting less than a week supply of epidural catheters: Ontario Healthon August 13, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Approximately 14 per cent of hospitals in Ontario are reporting they have less than a week’s worth of epidural catheters in stock, according to an Ontario Health memo sent to hospital chief executive officers on Friday.
- Peel police arrest 24 people, dismantle crime group connected to ‘violent criminal acts’ in GTAon August 13, 2022 at 1:31 pm
Twenty-four people have been arrested in connection with a crime group allegedly responsible for tractor-trailer cargo thefts and other violent criminal acts throughout the Greater Toronto Area, Peel Regional Police say.
- Despite rising OD deaths linked to smoking drugs, no supervised inhalation services exist in Ontarioon August 13, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Last spring, Toronto’s Casey House opened its second supervised consumption site (SCS), one for outpatients that has purpose-designed room for people who choose to smoke their drugs.
- Teenage Head to continue concerts after murder of guitarist Gord Lewison August 13, 2022 at 1:14 am
Canadian punk rock band Teenage Head has said they will go forward with their upcoming shows following the murder of founding member and guitarist Gord Lewis.
- Passengers tackle Canadian man after he became violent, tried to open plane doors mid-flighton August 12, 2022 at 7:56 pm
A plane bound for Toronto has been forced to divert to Iceland after a Canadian man allegedly became violent and tried to open the aircraft door mid-air.
- Doug Ford swallows bee during live news conferenceon August 12, 2022 at 4:28 pm
Doug Ford’s live news conference on Friday was unexpectedly interrupted after the premier swallowed and choked on a bee.