- 3 stranger assaults reported in just over 2 hours in Vancouver neighbourhood, police sayon August 19, 2022 at 9:09 pm
Vancouver police say they’re investigating a string of violent stranger assaults reported in a two-hour time span Thursday night.
- Filmed-in-B.C. Virgin River dethrones Stranger Things for most-streamed showon August 19, 2022 at 8:45 pm
It appears more people opted for the romance between Mel and Jack of Virgin River than the upside down of Stranger Things.
- Closures of 2 ERs in B.C.’s southern Interior putting pressure on region’s biggest hospitalon August 19, 2022 at 8:01 pm
At an already challenging time for health-care workers in British Columbia, the temporary closures of two emergency departments in the southern Interior is putting pressure on the region’s largest hospital.
- Former Apple employee Sam Sung auctions business card from his first storeon August 19, 2022 at 7:42 pm
A former Apple employee in Vancouver named Sam Sung is auctioning off another old business card nearly a decade after the first one fetched thousands of dollars.
- Someone stole this sailboat anchored off Vancouver’s Kitsilano Beachon August 19, 2022 at 7:11 pm
Someone managed to steal a sailboat anchored off a popular beach earlier this month, police in Vancouver say.
- ‘Copious amounts’ of stolen property found during fraud investigation: Port Moody policeon August 19, 2022 at 7:02 pm
A fraud investigation uncovered what police say was “copious amounts of stolen property” including credit cards and ID.
- 2 shootings in 2 months, 1 block apart in Port Coquitlam; RCMP won’t say if they’re connectedon August 19, 2022 at 6:07 pm
Police are investigating the second shooting in as many months on the same Port Coquitlam street, but won’t say whether the incidents are connected.
- Lost wolf found, returned to zoo after apparent break-in at Vancouver attractionon August 19, 2022 at 5:13 pm
The wolf that was missing for several days after an apparent break-in at the Greater Vancouver Zoo has been found and returned, officials say.
- Purchases at government-run liquor stores limited during BCGEU strike actionon August 19, 2022 at 4:01 pm
Shoppers at government-run British Columbia liquor stores will see purchase limits starting Friday amid a major union’s ongoing job action.
- Homicide investigators probe deadly stabbing in Surrey neighbourhoodon August 19, 2022 at 1:26 pm
The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team is probing a stabbing in Surrey Thursday night that left one man dead.