- ‘On pace to set a record’: 2022 could be Winnipeg’s rainiest year everon August 19, 2022 at 7:52 pm
Winnipeggers who feel like 2022 has been the rainiest year they’ve ever experienced might actually be onto something.
- Retailers sitting on ‘mountains’ of excess inventory in need of liquidation: experton August 19, 2022 at 6:58 pm
Consumer behaviour, a looming recession and the reactions of retailers to pandemic-driven supply chain issues are combining to drive a liquidation renaissance, according to one business advisor and retail futurist who spoke with CTVNews.ca.
- Brick of cocaine found in suitcase at Winnipeg airport: RCMPon August 19, 2022 at 6:39 pm
A Saskatoon man was arrested at the Winnipeg airport on Thursday after a brick of cocaine was found in a suitcase.
- Winnipeg man identified as victim of city’s latest homicide: WPSon August 19, 2022 at 6:34 pm
The victim of a homicide in Winnipeg’s Point Douglas neighbourhood has been identified.
- Manitoba confirms first case of monkeypoxon August 19, 2022 at 4:20 pm
Manitoba has confirmed its first case of monkeypox, saying a public health investigation is ongoing.
- Two Winnipeggers charged after 30 kg of cocaine seized at Ambassador Bridgeon August 19, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Two Winnipeggers are facing drug related charges after the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) seized 30 kilograms of what is suspected to be cocaine at the port of entry in Windsor, Ont. earlier in the month.
- Pfizer booster approved for children aged 5-11 by Health Canadaon August 19, 2022 at 3:40 pm
Chief public health officer Dr. Theresa Tam says Health Canada is authorizing a booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for children between five and 11 years old.
- Trudeau nominates Ontario judge Michelle O’Bonsawin to Supreme Courton August 19, 2022 at 2:14 pm
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau nominated Ontario judge Michelle O’Bonsawin to the Supreme Court of Canada on Friday. She is the first Indigenous person chosen to sit on Canada’s top court and the appointment is being celebrated as filling an important role at the highest level of the country’s justice system.
- RCMP looking for witnesses after man found injured behind Manitoba schoolon August 19, 2022 at 12:02 pm
Manitoba RCMP officers are looking for witnesses to an aggravated assault after a man was found with serious injuries behind a school in Thompson.
- Manitoba to welcome influx of Afghan refugeeson August 19, 2022 at 12:20 am
Manitoba is getting ready to welcome an influx of Afghan refugees.