- You can have your own Hobbit float home in Deltaby Phil Melnychuck/Contributing Writer on August 14, 2022 at 12:00 am
Anyone interested in the float home is asked to make an appointment and advised not to go on the property without a realtor present. That cautionary advice may or may not be given because of the possible unannounced appearance of the wizard Gandalf.
- Opinion: Optimist readers using variety of ways to cope with high costsby Staff Writer on August 13, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Results are based on an online study of adult Delta Optimist readers that are located in Ladner. The margin of error – which measures sample variability – is +/- 6.64%, 19 times out of 20.
- North Delta field house to have much different lookby Sandor Gyarmati on August 13, 2022 at 8:00 pm
The city had changed its initial vision of what the structure should look like
- Kings Links hosts 56th playing of Harry White Little Mastersby Staff Writer on August 13, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Six champions crowned at Maple Leafe Junior Tour event
- Hospital Foundation awards scholarships to Delta studentsby Staff Writer on August 13, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Pair of scholarships awarded to DSS students
- Tsawwassen First Nation names Acting Chiefby Sandor Gyarmati on August 13, 2022 at 2:00 pm
The role of TFN Chief had been left empty following the recent passing of Ken Baird
- New uses planned for historic Ladner houseby Sandor Gyarmati on August 13, 2022 at 12:00 am
The planning department says the proposal includes residential use of up to four units as part of a longer-term plan for the property intended to allow future flexibility in uses
- Delta Police officer awarded diversity and inclusion awardby Ian Jacques on August 12, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Const. Joel Thirsk recognized by the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police
- Port says Delta event cancelled due to potential protestby Sandor Gyarmati on August 12, 2022 at 8:00 pm
The port authority says it recently became aware of a potential protest that would take place Saturday.
- Mobile lab is sniffing out Metro Vancouver’s bad air qualityby Pippa Norman on August 12, 2022 at 7:07 pm
If you see a white van with some unusual attachments cruising around the city, take a closer look. You might just be witnessing one of Western Canada’s first mobile labs.
- Long-time Delta resident makes major donation to hospitalby Staff Writer on August 12, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Funds will be used for critical emergency department upgrades
- Community Comment: It takes a village to put on a weddingby Ingrid Abbott/Community Columnist on August 12, 2022 at 4:00 pm
The hidden star of the day was our community, who showed up with their best game on. We live in an amazing place with so much talent and resources, we don’t have to go far to get perfection.
- North Delta Crime Beat: Work van stolen with $10,000 worth of toolsby Delta Police Department/Contributed on August 12, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Files of interest for North Delta this week courtesy Delta Police
- DPD officers scoop up gold and silver at World Police and Fire Gamesby Phil Melnychuk/Contributing Writer on August 12, 2022 at 12:00 am
Local officers have bigger goals and dreams with competition
- Metro Vancouver city hall budgets growing bigger by the year, report showsby Graeme Wood on August 11, 2022 at 10:11 pm
Metro Vancouver cities are growing a bigger financial footprint in terms of revenue and expenditures per capita, adjusted for inflation, a Fraser Institute analysis shows.
- 11U AA Ladner Red Sox earn provincial bronzeby Staff Writer on August 11, 2022 at 10:00 pm
Summer baseball team avenges earlier loss for podium finish in Mission
- UPDATE: Missing woman locatedby Staff Reporter on August 11, 2022 at 9:17 pm
The woman was last seen on Aug. 3
- B.C. COVID-19 hospitalizations dips to one-month lowby Glen Korstrom on August 11, 2022 at 8:29 pm
Number of those in ICU with the disease is lowest since mid-June
- South Delta Crime Beat: Alcohol complaints and counterfeit bills prompt calls to ferry terminalby Delta Police Department/Contributed on August 11, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Files of interest for South Delta this week provided by Delta Police
- Delta shouldn’t ‘pick and choose’ retailers, says McDonaldby Sandor Gyarmati on August 11, 2022 at 6:10 pm
Some on council said they don’t feel they should be deciding how many retailers of a certain type are allowed to operate in a commercial zone which allows their uses