- Border blaze north of Flin Flon flares up, local smoke expected through weekendby Eric Westhaver on August 18, 2022 at 9:54 pm
Fire crews from Manitoba and Saskatchewan are fighting off a flare-up with a blaze burning across the provincial border, about 37 kilometres north of Flin Flon.
- Some Pukatawagan evacuees able to return home: province, MCCN, Hydroby Eric Westhaver on August 18, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Some people who were evacuated from Pukatawagan/Mathias Colomb Cree Nation (MCCN) last month are now able to head home.
- Outgoing NHR CEO Bryant named UCN Dean of Health, will take over next yearby Eric Westhaver on August 18, 2022 at 9:25 pm
Retirement won’t last very long for Helga Bryant. The soon-to-be outgoing CEO of the Northern Health Region will become the new University College of the North (UCN) Dean of Health next year.
- Pukatawagan fire now considered “under control”, evacuees could return soonby Eric Westhaver on August 16, 2022 at 7:57 pm
The fire that threatened Pukatawagan last month is now under control and small steps are being made to bring people back home.
- Kodiaks football team to open training camp this weekby Eric Westhaver on August 16, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Creighton’s high school football team will hit the field for its first official practices of the season this week.
- UPDATE: 66-year-old woman reported missing from Granite Lake campground found safeby Eric Westhaver on August 15, 2022 at 6:32 pm
A 66-year-old woman who was reported missing from the Granite Lake Campground has been found safe.
- Woman’s remains found after police search by Smeatonby Eric Westhaver on August 15, 2022 at 6:25 pm
The body of a woman who was reported missing after picking mushrooms near the Hanson Lake Road has been found.
- Babcock, Beck announce Flin Flon mayor bids for fall electionby Eric Westhaver on August 10, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Two members of Flin Flon’s city council have announced bids to run for mayor this fall.
- Mining Report: Foran pursues pension plan proposal, could provide hundreds of millionsby Eric Westhaver on August 10, 2022 at 10:03 pm
A mining company working at a project site about 80 kilometres from Flin Flon says it is looking for funding from an unorthodox source.
- New Whitney Forum scoreboard, press box installed after summer buildby Eric Westhaver on August 10, 2022 at 10:02 pm
Summer renovations at the Whitney Forum have brought some big changes. Gone are the old scoreboard and one of the rink’s press boxes – they’ve both been replaced with newer, more modern versions.
- MLA Report: Calls for health care help answered with cutsby Tom Lindsey on August 10, 2022 at 10:00 pm
“Northerners’ calls for better healthcare services continue to fall on deaf ears.”
- In Our Words: Post-show clarity after the summer’s biggest partyby Eric Westhaver on August 10, 2022 at 9:59 pm
“Last weekend’s Blueberry Jam was chicken soup for the soul. It was helpful, world-enriching, nourishing stuff. And now, as soon as it came, it’s over for another summer.”
- Recapping a busy recruitment offseason for the Bombersby Eric Westhaver on August 10, 2022 at 9:57 pm
The Bombers have aggressively recruited for the coming season, bringing no fewer than 20 new players into the fold this offseason.
- Organizers call returning Blueberry Jam a successby Eric Westhaver on August 9, 2022 at 9:56 pm
Call it a comeback, call it what you will – the Blueberry Jam Music Gathering is back. The return of the festival exceeded organizers’ hopes and expectations.
- Photo Gallery: Blueberry Jam 2022, day threeby Eric Westhaver on August 8, 2022 at 3:30 am
The third and final day of the 2022 Blueberry Jam Music Gathering, held August 7.
- Photo Gallery: Blueberry Jam 2022, day twoby Eric Westhaver on August 7, 2022 at 7:02 am
The second day of the 2022 Blueberry Jam Music Gathering, held August 6.
- Photo Gallery: Blueberry Jam 2022, day oneby Eric Westhaver on August 6, 2022 at 6:11 am
The first night of the 2022 Blueberry Jam Music Gathering, held August 5.
- City arranges weekend donation drive for Pukatawagan evacueesby Eric Westhaver on August 5, 2022 at 8:43 pm
The City of Flin Flon is putting together a donation drive this weekend for people evacuated from Pukatawagan.
- Hudbay preparing to auction off equipment from Flin Flon operationsby Eric Westhaver on August 5, 2022 at 8:42 pm
Items left over from the closure of 777 mine and other Flin Flon-area Hudbay operations will soon be hitting the auction block.
- Police organizing search along Hanson Lake Road for missing womanby Eric Westhaver on August 5, 2022 at 4:25 pm
RCMP are looking for a woman who went missing along the Hanson Lake Road near Smeaton yesterday while picking mushrooms.