- Police seek ‘high risk’ missing person last seen in New Westminster, B.C.by Elizabeth McSheffrey on August 19, 2022 at 7:15 pm in Canada, BC missing, BC missing person, Carlos Centenera, New Westminster, New Westminster Police Department, quayside, SkyTrain
Carlos Centenera, 68, is in need of medical attention and may appear disoriented, New Westminster police said in a Friday news release.
- Cannabis shop in Nanaimo ‘held hostage’ by BCGEU strike, says managerby Kylie Stanton on August 19, 2022 at 6:42 pm in Politics, Alcohol, BC public sector strike, BC Public Service Agency, BC public service strike, BC strike, BCGEU, bcgeu strike, Cannabis, Retail Cannabis Council of BC
Since the B.C. General Employees’ Union (BCGEU) hit the picket lines Monday, Mood Cannabis Co. operations managed Megan Kelly has watched her product dwindle to dangerous levels.
- Wolf missing from Greater Vancouver Zoo found safe, ending 72-hour searchby Amy Judd on August 19, 2022 at 5:47 pm in Environment, Greater Vancouver Zoo, greater vancouver zoo wolves, Langley RCMP, Tempest wolf, Tempest wolf found, Wolf escape, Wolf escape Aldergrove, Wolf Greater Vancouver Zoo, Zoo wolf
Staff said Tempest was found near the property and the public will now be able to see her when the zoo reopens to the public on Saturday, Aug. 20.
- Homicide investigators deployed following stabbing in Surrey’s Clayton Heights area by Darrian Matassa-Fung on August 19, 2022 at 4:59 pm in Crime, BC RCMP, clayton heights, Cloverdale, IHIT, One dead, One Man Dead, Surrey, Surrey crime, Surrey RCMP, Surrey stabbing
A man died in hospital after a stabbing in Surrey’s Clayton Heights area Thursday evening, police said.
- Vancouver’s 112th PNE Fair kicks off Saturday headlined by The B-52s Farewell Tourby Darrian Matassa-Fung on August 19, 2022 at 4:52 pm in Canada, Entertainment, East Vancouver, Playland, PNE, PNE fair, Vancouver, Vancouver Event, Vancouver Fair
This year will be the 112th year of operation for the PNE Fair in Vancouver, which will run from Aug. 20 to Sept. 5, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- B.C. to ration liquor amid ongoing strike, says industry groupby Amy Judd on August 19, 2022 at 4:11 pm in Economy, Politics, BC Liquor, BC liquor limits, BC liquor ration, BC liquor rationing, BC Liquor Stores, BCGEU, bcgeu strike, BCGEU strike fifth day, Labour, Ration liquor in BC
A group that represents British Columbia’s private liquor stores says the province has imposed limits on alcohol sales at government-run outlets, effective immediately.
- B.C. salmon, shellfish may soon become luxury of the rich, experts warnby Kathryn Mannie on August 19, 2022 at 3:49 pm in Canada, Consumer, Environment, Lifestyle, Science, BC Salmon, BC salmon in danger, BC shellfish, Canadian Oceans, Climate Change, heat wave bc fish, heatdome, Heatwave, heatwave bc fish, heatwave sea life, inflation, is BC salmon in danger?, salmon stocks, Sockeye Salmon
Rising temperatures and heatwaves are threatening B.C.’s iconic fisheries, but embracing Indigenous knowledge could help illuminate the path forward.
- ‘A little concerning’: Port Coquitlam residents report shooting on residential streetby Darrian Matassa-Fung on August 19, 2022 at 3:18 pm in Crime, BC RCMP, Bc Shooting, Coquitlam RCMP, PoCo, Port Coquitlam, Residential shooting, Shots fired
Residents in the area said they heard two gunshots around 9:30 p.m. Thursday evening.
- 3 suspects wanted after ATM broken open with saws in Mission, B.C.by Darrian Matassa-Fung on August 19, 2022 at 2:44 pm in Canada, Crime, ATM, ATM broken into, ATM robbery, BC RCMP, Gas Station Robbery, Mission, Mission BC, Mission Crime, Mission RCMP, Money stolen, Robbery
At about 3 a.m. Thursday, three suspects entered a Co-op Gas Bar on Lougheed Highway near Dewdney Trunk Road.
- Increased fire behaviour expected at Keremeos Creek wildfireby Kathy Michaels on August 19, 2022 at 2:00 pm in Fire, *5555, 1-800-663-5555, BC Wildfire, Environment Canada, Heat Wave, Keremeos Creek wildfire, Okanagan
Smoke will continue to be visible until there is significant rainfall over the fire. Smoke appearing from well within the fire perimeter is common.