- Concern about ride safety mounts as CNE approaches and safety inspectors remain on strikeby Morganne Campbell on August 13, 2022 at 10:19 pm in Consumer, Cne, Global News at, news, OPSEU, Strike, toronto Metropolitan University, TSSA
The union maintains its members want to return to work but they want to see a fair deal.
- Hernandez homers as Jays edge Guardianson August 13, 2022 at 10:15 pm in Sports, Baseball, Blue Jays, Blue Jays baseball, MLB, Toronto Blue Jays
One of the questions for the Toronto Blue Jays emerging from the trade deadline earlier this month was whether they strengthened their faulty bullpen enough to be a serious contender.
- Motorcycle rider sustains life-threatening injuries in Oshawa crash: policeby Isaac Callan on August 13, 2022 at 3:40 pm in Traffic, drp, Durham Police, Durham Regional Police, gta crash, Guelph Street, Olive Avenue, Oshawa
Durham Regional Police said said they were called to the area of Olive Avenue and Guelph Street in Ottawa for reports of a serious two-vehicle collision around 11:15 p.m.
- Slow progress in Ontario autism program rollout; officials insist they’re on targeton August 13, 2022 at 2:30 pm in Canada, Health, Autism programs Ontario, Merrilee Fullerton, Ontario Autism, Ontario Autism Coalition, Ontario Autism Program, Progressive Conservative, Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario
Angela Brandt, president of the Ontario Autism Coalition, said the government need only look to its history with the autism program to explain the lower-than-expected uptake.
- Blue Jays suffer 8-0 loss at hands of Guardianson August 13, 2022 at 2:02 am in Sports, Baseball, Blue Jays, Blue Jays baseball, MLB, Toronto Blue Jays
Cleveland Guardians teammates Cal Quantrill and Josh Naylor demonstrated you can go home again and thrive.
- Mental health of farmers worse than general public, says University of Guelph surveyby Don Mitchell on August 12, 2022 at 11:40 pm in Canada, Dr. Andria Jones-Bitton, farmer stress, Farmers, Farming, Guelph News, Hamilton, Hamilton news, Larry Davis, Ontario Farmers, Ontario Federation of Agriculture, University of Guelph
A University of Guelph study is suggesting the mental health of farmer declined during the pandemic making the situation worse than it was five years ago.
- Ontario’s Doug Ford says he believes in public health care but government to ‘get creative’on August 12, 2022 at 5:26 pm in Health, Doug Ford, Health Care, Ohip, Ontario health care, Ontario health care system, Ontario Healthcare, Ontario Hospitals, ontario public healh care, public health care
Ontario Premier Doug Ford says he’s a strong believer in public health care, but his government is going to “get creative” when looking at how it could be delivered
- Hundreds of OCS pot shops to receive deliveries after cyberattack on partneron August 12, 2022 at 4:27 pm in Cannabis, Cannabis Ontario, Comain Logistics, Cyberattack, Marijuana, ocs, OCS cyberattack, Ontario Cannabis, Ontario Cannabis Store, Ontario pot, pot
Ontario’s cannabis wholesaler says hundreds of pot shops will start receiving product deliveries over the next few days as it restarts systems turned off because of a cyberattack.
- Transit rider recounts ‘completely unprovoked, random attack’ on the way to Toronto subwayby Caryn Lieberman on August 12, 2022 at 3:56 pm in Canada, Crime, Assault, Attack, Bus, Random Attack, Subway, Toronto Subway, Toronto Transit Commission, Transit, TTC, TTC subway attack
“All of a sudden he started running at full speed towards me and with both fists he started punching me with full force on either side of my head,” she said.
- Guardians bring 4-game road win streak into matchup with the Blue Jayson August 12, 2022 at 7:04 am in Sports, Baseball, Blue Jays, Blue Jays baseball, MLB, Toronto Blue Jays
Cleveland Guardians (59-52, first in the AL Central) vs. Toronto Blue Jays (60-50, second in the AL East)