- ‘Hyper-local’ community group growing in Kingston’s west endby Jonna Semple on August 19, 2022 at 7:30 pm in Canada, Buy Nothing, buy nothing group, buy nothing kingston, buy nothing kingston west, Giving, krissy ellis smith, tracy hubbard, West End
A global community dedicated to creating neighbourhood connections and building friendships through the act of gifting unwanted stuff is expanding in the city’s west end.
- Kingston, Ont. police arrest man in Toronto in connection with double homicideby Paul Soucy on August 19, 2022 at 7:01 pm in Canada, Crime, Charges laid, Double Homicide, First Degree Murder, Kingston, murder charge, Ottawa, Park And Ride, Queen’s Homecoming, Sydenham Road
Kingston police say a partnership with other police forces led to the arrest of a suspect in Toronto in connection with the deaths of Nico Soubliere and Carl Alen Delphin in 2021.
- Seniors, advocates, slam new law that could force patients to long term care homeson August 19, 2022 at 5:05 pm in Canada, Health, Doug Ford, doug ford ltc, Ford government, long term care Ontario, Long-term Care, LTC, Ontario, Ontario Long-Term Care, Ontario LTC
Seniors advocate Patricia Spindel, 74, says she lives in fear of being sent to a hospital and then off to a home far from her family.
- Sexual exploitation is on the rise in Kingston, police sayby Paul Soucy on August 19, 2022 at 4:57 pm in Canada, Crime, Child Exploitation, Child Porn, Kingston, Kingston Police, National Child Exploitation Crime Centre, sexual exploitation statistics, ygk
A presentation during this week’s Kingston Police Services Board meeting painted a grim portrait of the level of online sexual exploitation happening within the city.
- Ontario considers new ways to fund $10-a-day child care in bid to boost uptakeon August 19, 2022 at 4:52 pm in Canada, Child Care, Childcare, Ford government, Ontario, Ontario child care, Ontario Childcare, Ontario childcare program, Ontario government
Ontario is considering new ways to fund the national $10-a-day child-care program in the province as it seeks to address operator concerns in an ongoing bid to increase uptake.
- Niagara police officer, known for 2018 assault case, faces charges in road rage probeby Don Mitchell on August 19, 2022 at 3:35 pm in Crime, blue on blue shooting, Halton Regional Police, nathan parker, nathan parker trial, Niagara, niagara officer assaulted, niagara officer shot, niagara police officer in road rage incidednt, Niagara Regional Police, NRPS, Pelham, Road Rage, St. Catharines
Const. Nathan Parker, who faced several assault charges in a 2018 case involving another police officer, was charged in July 2022 traffic incident in St. Catharines.
- Kingston, Ont. police seek woman who cashed fraudulent chequesby Paul Soucy on August 19, 2022 at 12:31 pm in Canada, Crime, Bank, Bank Fraud, Bank Scam, fake bank account, Fraud, Fraudulent Cheques, Kingston, Kingston Police, Tiffany, Trenton
Kingston police are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying a woman they allege defrauded a bank.
- Ontario municipal candidate nominations close ahead of fall electionson August 19, 2022 at 10:40 am in Politics, 2022 Ontario Municipal election, 2022 Ontario municipal elections, Ontario, Ontario municipal election, Ontario municipal elections, Ontario municipal elections deadline, politics
The registration deadline for those seeking to run in Ontario’s fall municipal elections has passed.
- Springer leads Blue Jays against the Yankees following 5-hit gameon August 19, 2022 at 7:05 am in Sports, Baseball, Blue Jays, Blue Jays baseball, MLB, Toronto Blue Jays
Toronto Blue Jays (63-54, third in the AL East) vs. New York Yankees (73-46, first in the AL East)
- Springer, Guerrero lead Jays to 9-2 rout of slumping Yankson August 19, 2022 at 3:48 am in Sports, Baseball, Blue Jays, Blue Jays baseball, MLB, Toronto Blue Jays
NEW YORK (AP) — George Springer went 5-for-5, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit a three-run homer to cap a five-run second inning off Frankie Montas, and the Toronto Blue Jays routed the slumping New York Yankees 9-2 on Thursday night.