- 21-year-old charged in stabbing outside of N.B. restaurantby Karla Renić on August 19, 2022 at 5:52 pm in Crime, J-D Gauthier Boulevard, J-D Gauthier Boulevard assault, Jason Wayne Mcmahon, New Brunswick RCMP, Shippigan assault, Shippigan stabbing, Stabbing, weapon assault
New Brunswick RCMP say that around 11 p.m. on Tuesday, an assault occurred outside of a restaurant on J-D Gauthier Boulevard in which two men were stabbed.
- Lobster fishermen protest price decline for catch in Shediac, N.B.by Suzanne Lapointe on August 18, 2022 at 9:28 pm in Canada, Economy, lobster fishermen nb, lobster fishermen zone 25, lobster fishing nb, lobster price nb, lobster roll nb, lobster season nb, lobster shediac nb
Global News has reached out to the Maritime Lobster Processors Association as well as the Lobster Council of Canada for comment.
- Another patient has died while waiting for care at a New Brunswick hospitalby Nathalie Sturgeon on August 18, 2022 at 6:28 pm in Health, Emergency, Emergency Room, Health Care, hospital deaths NB, hospital deaths New Brunswick, Moncton, NB health crisis, NB hospital deaths, New Brunswick, New Brunswick hospital deaths, The Moncton Hospital
Another patient has died while awaiting care, this time at the Moncton Hospital, according to Horizon Health Network interim CEO Margaret Melanson.
- New Brunswick cottagers withdraw legal bid to stop eradication of smallmouth basson August 18, 2022 at 6:06 pm in Canada, eradicating smallmouth bass, Invasice Species, lake brook, Miramichi Lake, New Brunswick, smallmouth bass, smallmouth bass eradication, smallmouth bass miramichi
A New Brunswick group seeking to eradicate the invasive smallmouth bass population from the Miramichi watershed says a legal bid to stop their work has been withdrawn.
- Saint John police investigating murder of 39-year-old man inside apartmentby Alex Cooke on August 18, 2022 at 11:54 am in Crime, Homicide, justin breau, justin breau murdered, Murder, Saint John Murder, Saint John police, saint john police force, Saint John stabbing, Stabbing
According to police, three unidentified masked men wearing dark clothing forced their way inside the apartment, where the victim was stabbed.
- How New Brunswick post-secondary institutions are handling masks this fallby Karla Renić on August 18, 2022 at 9:00 am in Canada, COVID mask rules NB college, COVID mask rules NB universities, COVID-19, Covid-19 Requirements, mandatory masks, Mount Allison University masks, university covid rules, University of New Brunswick masks
Some Nova Scotia post-secondary schools will require masks in all indoor public spaces, while some will require them only in some areas. Others have dropped mandates altogether.
- Moncton’s free youth counselling organization raising $1.4M to expand serviceby Suzanne Lapointe on August 17, 2022 at 9:36 pm in Canada, affordable therapy moncton, atlantic wellness moncton, atlantic wellness nb, counselling for teens, Fundraiser mental health moncton, subsidized therapy for teens moncton, therapy for teens
Atlantic Wellness has already raised $2.1 million dollars of the $3.5 million they need to expand through a combination of government funding and private sponsorship.
- Mi’kmaw women hoping to revitalize Indigenous midwifery in N.S.by Amber Fryday on August 17, 2022 at 9:32 pm in Canada, Birth, Indigenous, Indigenous birth, Indigenous midwifery, Mi’kmaw, Midwife, Midwifery, Millbrook First Nation, Mi’kmaw midwife, Nova Scotia midwifery, Nova Scotia Native Women’s Association
A partnership of Indigenous-led groups and services are looking at ways to decolonize the birthing experience and restore traditional Mi’kmaw ceremonies and spiritual health.
- Source of monkeypox case in N.B. still unknown, vaccine supply limitedby Nathalie Sturgeon on August 16, 2022 at 9:30 pm in Canada, Health, canada monkeypox, Jennifer Russell, monkeypox, monkeypox symptoms, Monkeypox Vaccine, NB monkeypox, New Brunswick monkeypox, New Brunswick vaccine
The source of the first case of monkeypox in New Brunswick is unknown and the vaccine supply is limited and those most at risk have been able to access the vaccine.
- COVID-19: N.B. reports Omicron BA.5 subvariant makes up 86% of new casesby Karla Renić on August 16, 2022 at 5:42 pm in Canada, BA.5 Variant, COVID, COVID report, COVID update, COVID-19, COVID-19 deaths, NB covid update, New Brunswick covid
New Brunswick public health recorded 675 new PCR-confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the seven-day period ending Aug. 13, in a decrease from the previous week.