- 3 candidates vying for mayor’s seat in Peterborough, Ont.by Greg Davis on August 19, 2022 at 6:29 pm in Politics, 2022 Ontario Municipal election, 2022 Peterborough municipal election, City of Peterborough, Henry Clarke, Jeff Leal, Municipal Election, Ontario municipal election, Peterboorugh mayor, Peterborough city council, Peterborough city council candidates, Peterborough Election, Stephen Wright
As the nomination deadline for the October municipal election passed Friday, three candidates were in the running to become the next mayor of Peterborough, Ont.
- Additional $2.4M announced for Elgin Park affordable housing project in Cobourg, Ont.by Greg Davis on August 19, 2022 at 5:54 pm in Economy, Politics, Affordable Housing, Bob Crate, Cobourg, David Piccini, Elgin Park, Elgin Park Redevelopment, housing crisis, Northumberland County, Northumberland County Housing Corporation
A new commitment of funds brings the total dollars provided for the Elgin Park Redevelopment project to create 40 new housing units in Cobourg, Ont., to more than $8 million.
- Peterborough, Ont. police ready if Romana Didulo followers try another arrest attemptby Greg Davis on August 19, 2022 at 5:36 pm in Crime, anti-government, Anti-Vaccine, Frank Curtin, peterborough police arrest, Peterborough police arrested, Peterborough Police Service, qanon, Queen of Canada, Romana Didulo
Police in Peterborough, Ont., says they are aware that followers of QAnon conspiracy theorist Romana Didulo have planned a repeat attempt to make citizens arrests of officers.
- Seniors, advocates, slam new law that could force patients to long term care homeson August 19, 2022 at 5:05 pm in Canada, Health, Doug Ford, doug ford ltc, Ford government, long term care Ontario, Long-term Care, LTC, Ontario, Ontario Long-Term Care, Ontario LTC
Seniors advocate Patricia Spindel, 74, says she lives in fear of being sent to a hospital and then off to a home far from her family.
- Ontario considers new ways to fund $10-a-day child care in bid to boost uptakeon August 19, 2022 at 4:52 pm in Canada, Child Care, Childcare, Ford government, Ontario, Ontario child care, Ontario Childcare, Ontario childcare program, Ontario government
Ontario is considering new ways to fund the national $10-a-day child-care program in the province as it seeks to address operator concerns in an ongoing bid to increase uptake.
- Standoff with Peterborough police leads to man being apprehended under Mental Health Actby Greg Davis on August 19, 2022 at 4:03 pm in Canada, man apprehended, Mental Health Act, Peterborough Police, Peterborough Police Service, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, Peterborough standoff, Standoff
On Thursday, Peterborough Police Service officers responded to reports of a man in distress at a residence.
- Niagara police officer, known for 2018 assault case, faces charges in road rage probeby Don Mitchell on August 19, 2022 at 3:35 pm in Crime, blue on blue shooting, Halton Regional Police, nathan parker, nathan parker trial, Niagara, niagara officer assaulted, niagara officer shot, niagara police officer in road rage incidednt, Niagara Regional Police, NRPS, Pelham, Road Rage, St. Catharines
Const. Nathan Parker, who faced several assault charges in a 2018 case involving another police officer, was charged in July 2022 traffic incident in St. Catharines.
- Peterborough police officer accused of insubordination, neglect of duty, discreditable conductby Greg Davis on August 19, 2022 at 3:27 pm in Crime, Alicia McGriskin, discredtibale conduct, Insubordination, Peterborough Police, Peterborough Police Service, police insubordination, Police Services Act
The charges under the Police Services Act were laid after an internal investigation by Peterborough police’s professional standards unit.
- Peterborough police make gunpoint arrest following firearm incident at residenceby Greg Davis on August 19, 2022 at 3:25 pm in Crime, Firearm, gunpoint arrest, loaded gun, Peterborough crime, Peterborough Police, Peterborough Police Service
Police say the suspect agreed to turn himself in to police and officers initiated a gunpoint arrest. No injuries were reported.
- ‘PedalBoro’ is back in Peterborough, Ont. after pumping the brakes during pandemicby Caley Bedore on August 19, 2022 at 12:03 pm in Entertainment, downtown peterborough activities, Events, Outdoor Activities, Party Ideas, PedalBoro, Peterborough, Peterborough Activities, things to do, Weekend Ideas
“It was that first signal of normalcy again and you can feel it from the community too, when people see us back on the road, there is just such a love,” said owner Hillary Flood.