- Major television production to begin filming in Saskatchewan this fallby Andrew Benson on August 19, 2022 at 7:18 pm in Canada, Entertainment, Creative Saskatchewan, Film Tax Credit, King of Killers: the series, Regina, Regina News, Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan film industry, Saskatchewan News
‘King of Killers: the series’ will be filmed at the John Hopkins Regina Soundstage and is based on an upcoming feature film of the same name to be released in 2023.
- Two-vehicle collision involved nuclear material, Saskatoon police sayby Andrew Benson on August 19, 2022 at 6:05 pm in Canada, Crime, Collision, Diefenbaker Drive, Hazardous Material, HAZMAT, Police, RCMP, Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatoon Accident, Saskatoon News, Saskatoon Police
Saskatoon police said a vehicle carrying hazardous material was involved in a crash Friday, but the material was contained to the immediate area with no risk to the public.
- Nacho typical celebration: CFL fines Duke Williams for violating security protocolby Kelly Skjerven on August 19, 2022 at 5:17 pm in Canada, Sports, Canadian Football League, CFL, CFL news, Duke Williams, duke williams nachos, Nachos, Saskatchewan Roughriders
After scoring a touchdown during last week’s game, Saskatchewan Roughriders wide receiver Duke Williams joined fans to celebrate with a plate of nachos.
- Individuals named in abuse lawsuit will not be teaching in schools: Sask. governmentby Kelly Skjerven on August 19, 2022 at 1:46 pm in Canada, Education, Abuse, Education ministry, Legacy Christian Academy, Saskatchewan Education, Saskatchewan News, Saskatchewan Professional Teachers Regulatory Board, Saskatoon News
More than 40 former students have come forward with abuse allegations while they attended Chrisitan Centre Academy, now known as Legacy Christian Academy.
- Your Saskatchewan photo of the day: August 2022by Aishwarya Dudha on August 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm in Blogs, Photography, Photos, Pictures, saskatchewan pictures, Your Saskatchewan, Your Saskatchewan Regina Photos, Your Saskatchewan Regina Pictures, Your Saskatchewan Saskatoon Pictures, your saskatoon photos, yoursaskatchewan photo
Each day, Global Saskatoon and Global Regina feature a viewer-submitted photo for the Your Saskatchewan photo of the day.
- Number of issued Regina parking tickets up 39 per cent compared to last yearby Moises Canales-Lavigne on August 19, 2022 at 12:45 am in Traffic, City of Regina, Downtown, Parking, Parking Meters, Parking Tickets, Regina News, yqr
The City of Regina says they have recorded more issued parking tickets in the first half of 2022 compared to the same time frame last year.
- Regina man facing long list of charges involving nine incidentsby Brody Langager on August 19, 2022 at 12:38 am in Canada, Crime, Charges, Court, Gas theft, Regina News, Regina Police Service, Stolen Vehicle
Officers got a call about a possible sick or injured person, and found a man passed out in a vehicle.
- Sask. RCMP warn about ‘escort’ service text message extortion scamby Connor O’Donovan on August 19, 2022 at 12:23 am in Canada, Escort service scam, Extortion, RCMP, Regina News, Regina Police Service, RPS, Saskatchewan News, Saskatchewan RCMP, Saskatoon News, Scam, scams, Text scam
The Saskatchewan RCMP are joining the Regina Police Service in warning the public about a new scam involving a text message, a payment demand and threats against loved ones.
- Regina police arrest suspect after man reports being chased by someone with shotgunby Brody Langager on August 18, 2022 at 11:16 pm in Canada, Crime, Arrest, chased by man with shotgun, Court, Firearm, man with shotgun, Officers, Regina News, Regina Police Service, Shotgun
Acting on a report of a man chasing someone with a shotgun, Regina police located a suspect and found a 16-gauge sawed-off shotgun and shells in his backpack.
- COVID-19: Saskatchewan reports 1,524 new cases, 27 new deathsby Jeanelle Mandes on August 18, 2022 at 11:12 pm in Health, COVID-19, epidemiology report, Omicron variant, Saskatchewan Coronavirus, Saskatchewan COVID, saskatchewan covid-19, Saskatchewan News
Saskatchewan’s latest epidemiology report indicates COVID-19 activity is increasing in the province with 1,524 new cases and 27 new deaths Since July 17.