- Man, 31, hospitalized after stabbing in Montreal’s Sud-Ouest boroughby Montreal Gazette on August 18, 2022 at 11:32 am in Local News
He was found bleeding near a dépanneur.
- Italian roots run deep for Montreal’s Ital Fest performersby T’Cha Dunlevy, Montreal Gazette on August 18, 2022 at 10:00 am in Arts, Entertainment, Local Arts, Local News, Music, News
The Montreal Gazette asked two local music artists of Italian heritage what performing at the festival means to them.
- Montreal gynecologist whose licence was revoked appeals decisionby Katelyn Thomas, Montreal Gazette on August 17, 2022 at 10:56 pm in Local News, News
Allen B. Climan’s licence was revoked until further notice after allegations of inappropriate sexual remarks were made.
- Montreal’s Mutek festival frames ‘electronic music as contemporary art’by T’Cha Dunlevy, Montreal Gazette on August 17, 2022 at 10:33 pm in Arts, Entertainment, Local Arts, Local News, Music, News
“You have to trust people who come regularly and know (who’s who) to guide your trajectory. … You’re like, ‘Oh, that looks weird,’ but you come anyway to be confronted by the music you hear.”
- Top Hells Angels member faces charge for first time since Quebec biker warby Paul Cherry, Montreal Gazette on August 17, 2022 at 9:54 pm in Local News, News
Richard (Dick) Mayrand, who served one of the longest sentences to come out of Operation Springtime 2001, is accused of failing to declare money at customs that the RCMP believes came through the proceeds of crime.
- Proportion of Quebecers who speak French at home on the decline: StatsCanby Andy Riga on August 17, 2022 at 9:24 pm in Local News, National, News, Quebec
“I’m scratching my head,” says Jack Jedwab, president of the Association for Canadian Studies. He calls the report “misleading” and some of the analysis “amateurish.”
- COVID-19 update: Hospitalizations rise as Quebec reports 14 deathsby Montreal Gazette on August 17, 2022 at 4:40 pm in Local News, News
The number of patients in the province’s hospitals with COVID-19 is back above 2,000.
- Interview: A vote for Jean Charest would be a vote to challenge Bill 21by Jason Magder, Montreal Gazette on August 17, 2022 at 10:00 am in Local News
The federal Conservative leadership hopeful and former Quebec premier says he would like to see his party “stop losing.”
- Police investigate bullet hole found in building in St-Léonardby Montreal Gazette on August 17, 2022 at 1:41 am in Local News, News
Officers were called to a building on Metropolitan Blvd. near Viau St. Tuesday around 7:45 p.m.
- Montreal First Peoples’ Festival awards recognize filmmakers from near and farby T’Cha Dunlevy, Montreal Gazette on August 17, 2022 at 1:16 am in Arts, Entertainment, Local Arts, Local News, Montreal movies, News
The Bolivian film Utama won the grand prize, while Navajo director Ivey Camille Manybeads Tso’s film Powerlands, about the displacement of Indigenous people, won the Communities Award.