- Altercation at Richmond EV charging station leads to drug chargesby Maria Rantanen on August 19, 2022 at 7:33 pm
Two New Westminster residents will be in Richmond Provincial Court on Sept. 7 to face drug charges.
- Five places to escape the city – while you’re still in the cityby Theresa McManus on August 19, 2022 at 7:11 pm
Get that get-out-of-the-city vibe at some of these greenspaces in New West
- Booze being rationed at BC Liquor Storesby Alanna Kelly on August 19, 2022 at 5:08 pm
Restrictions will apply to all products except for beer.
- Fireworks festival to light up New West skies this summerby Theresa McManus on August 19, 2022 at 1:05 am
Hyack Festival Association launches new Farewell to Summer Fireworks Festival on Aug. 27
- This New West artist’s quilts are always given away for freeby Naveena Vijayan on August 18, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Meet Evelyn Gingrich, who has given away over 50 quilts to friends, family and those in need in the last several years. The few she kept for herself are now on display at her first solo show in New Westminster.
- ‘Need to reduce’: Moving to a plant-based diet could help Canada reach climate goalsby Pippa Norman on August 18, 2022 at 10:37 pm
The way Canadians eat could be a major help or hindrance to Canada’s 2030 climate targets. If the majority of Canadians consumed less meat, Canada could cut its emissions in half by 2030, a new report shows.
- New Westminster COVID-19 case count drops againby Julie MacLellan on August 18, 2022 at 9:54 pm
We still don’t know how many actual cases there are, but the trend line is heading back down.
- COVID-19 metrics decline in B.C.by Glen Korstrom on August 18, 2022 at 8:34 pm
COVID-19 deaths, cases, hospitalizations, ICU patient counts all fall
- Opinion: Why women shouldn’t go grey, and other helpful tipsby Julie MacLellan on August 18, 2022 at 8:09 pm
Let women age in full view of the public, and next thing you know they’re going to want to be taken seriously.
- Two residents charged in connection to January shooting on 12th Streetby Theresa McManus on August 18, 2022 at 6:41 pm
No one was injured in an early-morning shooting in the Brow of the Hill neighbourhood on Jan. 2
- Metro Vancouver heat wave a risk to seniors, vulnerable peopleby Julie MacLellan on August 18, 2022 at 3:47 pm
Check in on each other today, as inland highs could reach up to 35 C.
- Poll: What issues matter most in the New West school board race?by Julie MacLellan on August 18, 2022 at 2:37 am
Which will be the make-or-break issue when you mark your ballot for trustee candidates?
- Happening this weekend: Lane closure of the Pattullo Bridge and bridge connectorby Theresa McManus on August 18, 2022 at 1:05 am
Two down, two to go: Work on Royal Avenue overpass is required as part of bridge replacement project – and it requires another nighttime lane closure on Aug. 19/20
- What’s happening this weekend in New West? Our top picks for August 19 to 21by Naveena Vijayan on August 17, 2022 at 11:00 pm
As we inch to the end of the week, who feels like dancing? This weekend, head to a local eatery with a dance floor, enjoy a three-course meal on a cruise, and partake in a community art project.
- Police seize bear repellent spray and replica handgun in Moody Parkby Theresa McManus on August 17, 2022 at 10:34 pm
Youth called 911 after being “accosted” by suspects who pointed a can of bear spray at her in a New West park
- Poll: What’s the most pressing issue in the New West election?by Julie MacLellan on August 17, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Vote in our poll to help determine what issues are top-of-mind for New West residents.
- Suspect uses wine bottle to break into gas station to rob storeby Theresa McManus on August 17, 2022 at 8:05 pm
Man arrested shortly after gas station attendant called 911 to report suspect robbed store of cigarettes and lottery tickets
- Photos: Camp Ignite aims to inspire future firefighters and dare girls to dreamby Theresa McManus on August 17, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Teenage girls from across B.C. learn firefighting skills and teamwork at three-day camp in New West, Vancouver and Abbotsford
- Letter: COVID has increased isolation, lonelinessby Contributed on August 17, 2022 at 3:18 pm
Seniors and students have been particularly hard hit.
- Cooling centres opening in New West due to heat warningby Theresa McManus on August 17, 2022 at 1:05 am
Century House, Queensborough Community Centre and New West library serving as cooling centres on Aug. 17 and 18