- Monkeypox may be spreading in Saskatchewan, says Shahabby Larissa Kurz on August 13, 2022 at 9:44 pm in Local News, News, Saskatchewan
The province’s chief medical health officer issued a public advisory about the virus on Saturday, asking people to be aware of the symptoms and to seek testing.
- Pop culture expo returns to Regina next weekend with celebrity guests, cosplay and moreby Greg Harder on August 13, 2022 at 1:00 pm in Entertainment, Local Arts, Local News, Movies, Television
Organizer Mike Fisher is bringing the Saskatchewan Entertainment Expo back to Regina next weekend at the ITC after a two-year COVID hiatus.
- Province partners with NGOs to bring more Ukrainians to Sask. by Marchby Creeden Martell on August 12, 2022 at 11:15 pm in Local News, Politics, Saskatchewan
435 Ukrainians have arrived in Saskatchewan across two flights. Three more will arrive by March, bringing more than 1,000 more Ukrainians from Warsaw.
- Nurses union wants task force set up to address staff shortagesby Creeden Martell on August 11, 2022 at 11:35 pm in Local News, Saskatchewan
Vacancies means some overtime is required from nurses and it’s not sustainable, according to the nurse’s union. It wants a task force to address the issue.
- Province announces enhanced regulations for qualified independent schoolsby Alec Salloum on August 11, 2022 at 11:04 pm in Local News, Sask. Politics
The province says the changes will increase accountability of Qualified Independent Schools and to provide the government with the ability to appoint a supervisor to oversee the education of students if they feel it is necessary.
- YQR airport to maintain international status until at least Marchby Brandon Harder on August 11, 2022 at 9:49 pm in Local News
Regina International Airport CEO James Bogusz says an international designation means a maintained commitment from both the airport and the federal government.
- Health ministry says it’s working on plan to address service disruptionsby Creeden Martell on August 11, 2022 at 9:45 pm in Local News, Saskatchewan
‘We are actively developing a plan to address this issue,’ health ministry said but did not provide more detail.
- Local performer has personal connection to classic musicalby Greg Harder on August 11, 2022 at 1:00 pm in Entertainment, Local Arts, Local News, Music, Theatre
Regina’s Sterling Productions is set to wrap up its 2021-22 season with a presentation of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
- Project co-ordinating ‘catalyst committee’ approved unanimously at executive committeeby Alec Salloum on August 10, 2022 at 11:48 pm in City Hall, Local News
“We’re not going to be announcing to the public in two months that they’ve got five big multi-million dollar infrastructure projects that cause their taxes to soar, that’s just not what this is about.”
- CUPE demands transparency from govt on health service disruptionsby Creeden Martell on August 10, 2022 at 11:16 pm in Local News, Saskatchewan
Service disruptions shorter than 7 days not listed on SHA website, which is a hurdle for employees and communities, union says.