- Senior completes cancer awareness walk from Calgary to B.C.by Vikki Hui on August 14, 2022 at 2:00 am
Former Richmond resident Gary Averbach also raised over $500k for cancer research.
- Letter: Keep News comingby Richmond News reader on August 14, 2022 at 12:00 am
A Richmond News reader talks about the responsibilities of an editor.
- Column: What goes app must come downby Sabine Eiche on August 13, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Some people are realizing that coming down off the app is better for their mental fitness.
- Update: Coast Guard found source of Steveston diesel leakby Vikki Hui on August 13, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Garry Point Park beaches continue to be closed.
- Letter: Watch your wordsby Richmond News reader on August 13, 2022 at 4:00 pm
A Richmond News reader discusses the language used in a recent letter to the Editor.
- Column: Spanish, Portuguese, and South African Bargainsby Eric Hanson on August 13, 2022 at 1:00 am
An eclectic selection of wines priced right for inflationary times.
- Money seized in alleged illegal gambling den in Richmondby Maria Rantanen on August 13, 2022 at 12:00 am
A noise complaint led to an allegation by Richmond RCMP of illegal gambling.
- Kitsilano apartment bought with casino money laundering proceeds, officials allegeby Graeme Wood on August 12, 2022 at 11:52 pm
Alleged money launderer Paul King Jin used a Hong Kong company to register mortgages against property he owned through shell companies, the B.C. Director of Civil Forfeiture claims.
- Coast guard investigating ‘significant diesel leak’ in Steveston Harbourby Vikki Hui on August 12, 2022 at 11:15 pm
Richmondites are advised to stay back from shorelines, keep an eye on pets, and avoid swimming: city spokesperson.
- Former West Van teacher pleads guilty to child pornography chargeby Brent Richter on August 12, 2022 at 10:29 pm
Joey McLeod taught in West Vancouver and Richmond.
- Richmond student receives LifeLabs family scholarshipby Vikki Hui on August 12, 2022 at 10:00 pm
A.R. MacNeill secondary graduate Nathan Chu is one of 11 recipients of LifeLabs’ annual Family Scholarship.
- Public invited aboard the Providence wooden ship in Steveston this weekendby Maria Rantanen on August 12, 2022 at 8:30 pm
A boat built in 1903 in Denmark, whose current home is in Steveston, has a storied history as a fishing boat and for use by the Danish Navy.
- New COVID-19 rapid test from Richmond company approved in Canadaby Vikki Hui on August 12, 2022 at 7:30 pm
A new COVID-19 rapid self-test called SwiftSwab was designed and developed by Richmond-based Gene Bio Medical.
- Mobile lab is sniffing out Metro Vancouver’s bad air qualityby Pippa Norman on August 12, 2022 at 7:07 pm
If you see a white van with some unusual attachments cruising around the city, take a closer look. You might just be witnessing one of Western Canada’s first mobile labs.
- Richmond KPU farm manager donates kidney to strangerby Vikki Hui on August 12, 2022 at 6:30 pm
‘It really felt like a gift for me to do it,’ said manager of KPU Farm on Garden City Lands.
- Concert in Richmond to highlight municipal candidatesby Maria Rantanen on August 12, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Thirty candidates from across the Lower Mainland have confirmed they will be at the Aug. 21 event at King George Park.
- Richmond neighbours concerned about busy new eateryby Vikki Hui on August 11, 2022 at 10:54 pm
Good Co. Bars opened its Steveston location just two weeks ago.
- Metro Vancouver city hall budgets growing bigger by the year, report showsby Graeme Wood on August 11, 2022 at 10:11 pm
Metro Vancouver cities are growing a bigger financial footprint in terms of revenue and expenditures per capita, adjusted for inflation, a Fraser Institute analysis shows.
- B.C. COVID-19 hospitalizations dips to one-month lowby Glen Korstrom on August 11, 2022 at 8:29 pm
Number of those in ICU with the disease is lowest since mid-June
- Kudos: Richmond pickleball association donates $2,000 to local charityby Vikki Hui on August 11, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Proceeds from the Richmond BC Pickleball Association’s charity tournament were donated to Kidsport Richmond in an effort to ‘give back’ to the local community.