THE PETERBOROUGH EXAMINER | NEWS | PETERBOROUGH-REGION
- Walk-in COVID-19 vaccines available again in Peterboroughby Examiner Staff on August 14, 2022 at 4:00 am
The service has been offered by appointment only recently.
- Injured Port Hope man dies, police seek leadsby Examiner staff on August 13, 2022 at 10:44 pm
Ian Purcell, 60, was found at West Beach on Friday
- Tables turned as Romana Didulo, supporters attempt to ‘arrest’ Peterborough policeby Examiner staff on August 13, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Some of them ended up being taken into custody themselves.
- Photos: Classics for a cause as Warsaw Lions host benefit for Lakefield womanon August 13, 2022 at 8:00 pm
Community turns out in support of Sylvia McFadden
- Poilievre makes Peterborough County campaign stopby Brendan Burke – Local Journalism Initiative Reporter on August 13, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Conservative leadership candidate visits Douro-Dummer with MPs Michelle Ferreri and Jamie Schmale.
- High-speed internet coming to underserved areas of Peterborough Countyby Brendan Burke – Local Journalism Initiative Reporter on August 12, 2022 at 9:08 pm
Smith announces service extension to homes, businesses in Douro-Dummer, Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, North Kawartha, Trent Lakes and Selwyn townships.
- Bus stop turned into shelter for homeless should be removed, says worker at Market Plaza in Peterboroughby Alex Schummer – Examiner Reporter on August 12, 2022 at 8:49 pm
City has cleared out shelter and says it works empathetically to find emergency shelter, housing services for occupants.
- Learn about early wedding traditions at Lang Pioneer Village near Peterborough on Sundayby Examiner Staff on August 12, 2022 at 4:36 pm
Peterborough Concert Band to perform traditional wedding and love songs of the 19th century as part of day-long event Sunday.
- Peterborough police officer praised for mowing ailing 76-year-old resident’s lawnby Examiner Staff on August 11, 2022 at 6:41 pm
- Pierre Poilievre holding rally in Peterborough area on Friday nightby Examiner Staff on August 10, 2022 at 11:37 pm
- Selwyn Township council receives marina study updateby Brendan Burke – Local Journalism Initiative Reporter on August 10, 2022 at 10:01 pm
Canoe and kayak launch at Isabel Morris Park called ‘daunting and dangerous.’
- Acting Peterborough police chief’s Stand with Tim campaign taking preventive approach this yearby Alex Schummer – Examiner Reporter on August 10, 2022 at 9:52 pm
Backpacks for Success program, New Canadians Centre to benefit from Tim Farquharson’s annual campaign with education viewed as key to preventing homelessness, crime
- COVID-19 hospitalizations, outbreaks rising in Peterborough area; four new area deaths reportedby Examiner Staff on August 10, 2022 at 8:40 pm
Peterborough Regional Health Centre now has two outbreaks
- New honour for Peterborough’s Canadian Canoe Museumby Alex Schummer – Examiner Reporter on August 10, 2022 at 1:06 pm
It has been granted viceregal status by the governor general.
- Peterborough Ex holds livestock awards in Douro and Kawartha Downsby Examiner staff on August 10, 2022 at 11:39 am
Beef cattle, sheep and rabbits are highlighted.
- Alzheimer Society’s Fire Truck Pull set for Sept. 21 at Peterborough Airportby Brendan Burke – Local Journalism Initiative Reporter on August 9, 2022 at 9:43 pm
Alzheimer Society benefit event makes a return after being paused for two years by pandemic.
- Photos: Strumbellas play Peterborough Musicfest Wednesday nighton August 9, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Members of the Juno-winning band hail from the City of Kawartha Lakes.
- Photos: Gazebo Concert Series continues at Peterborough’s zooon August 9, 2022 at 9:49 am
Free music performances happen every second Sunday at 5 p.m.
- Community rallies around Lakefield woman battling cancerby Brendan Burke – Local Journalism Initiative Reporter on August 8, 2022 at 10:08 pm
Cruise night event in Warsaw on Saturday will benefit Sylvia McFadden in her leukemia fight.
- Photos: New temporary entrance at Shorelines Casino Peterboroughby Clifford Skarstedt – Examiner Photojournalist on August 8, 2022 at 9:00 pm