- The Province Empty Stocking Fund: How you can helpby The Province on July 4, 2022 at 9:56 pm
Thousands of B.C. children and their families are able to celebrate Christmas each year with a hearty dinner and presents under the tree because of the generosity of donors like you. This year, your gift is especially needed due to the continued impacts of COVID-19.
- Michael Buble and kids help Vancouver Canadians crowd sing Take Me Out to the Ball Gameby Joseph Ruttle on June 1, 2022 at 10:58 pm
The music superstar brought his three kids to the Canadians game at Nat Bailey Stadium, and cuteness ensued
- Canada Soccer cancels international match against Iran following pushbackby Stephanie Ip , Cheryl Chan on May 27, 2022 at 12:05 am
The two-game matchup starting June 5 was intended to be a friendly contest between the two men’s teams, and a rare chance for Canada’s squad to play a team outside of the CONCACAF association.
- Canucks: Mattias Ohlund will finally be inducted into BC Hockey Hall of Fameby Stephanie Ip on May 24, 2022 at 9:53 pm
The 2020 induction class had been waiting for its ceremony since before the pandemic postponed the event, which will now take place July 22, 2022 at Penticton’s South Okanagan Events Centre.
- Doug Hepburn: Vancouver’s forgotten 5-foot-9 giant was once the world’s strongest manby J.J. Adams on May 22, 2022 at 3:00 pm
His strength was stupendous but Doug Hepburn is now all but forgotten in the city he sacrificed so much for. A B.C. sculptor intends to change that.
- What to know about seeing the Vancouver Canadians at Nat Bailey Stadiumby Cheryl Chan on April 14, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Returning to Nat Bailey Stadium for a Vancouver Canadians game? Here’s what you need to know about the long-awaited return of the classic Vancouver summer tradition.
- Jake Virtanen’s sex assault jury trial to be held mid-Julyby Patrick Johnston on March 30, 2022 at 10:29 pm
The former Vancouver Canuck was charged in late January with one count of sexual assault related to a September 2017 incident.
- B.C.’s Christine Sinclair calls on men’s sports leagues to rebrand for gender equalityby Stephanie Ip on March 24, 2022 at 8:38 pm
Christine Sinclair is leading the charge on a new campaign that raises awareness for gender equity.
- Canucks: Hockey ops president Jim Rutherford placed in COVID-19 protocolby Ben Kuzma on March 17, 2022 at 11:55 pm
The team announced Thursday morning that hockey operations president Jim Rutherford had tested positive and was working from home during his quarantine.
- Ex-Canuck Jake Virtanen released by KHL Spartak Moscowby Joseph Ruttle on March 7, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Virtanen has been released by Spartak Moscow of the KHL for reportedly breaching the terms of his contract