Yorkregion – News (from https://www.yorkregion.com) Stories from www.yorkregion.com
- Young man suspected in 2 separate sexual assault incidents in Markham:Incidents both involve suspect on bicycle, took place about 1 year aparton August 18, 2022 at 7:12 pm in News, News/Crime
Incidents both involve suspect on bicycle, took place about 1 year apart
- Teachers brace for ‘tooth and nail’ fight with province over wages, benefits:There is no job action planned for the fallon August 18, 2022 at 5:55 pm in News
Ontario high school teachers union president says current signals from the province about privatizing health-care mirror what is going on in education.
- Stay out of the water at Ontario’s Earl Rowe East (Aug. 18)on August 18, 2022 at 5:13 pm in News
Heading to the beach? You’ll want to stay out of the water at Earl Rowe East as of Aug. 18 at 12 p.m. Here’s the latest beach water quality report from Ontario Parks
- Air Canada traffic approaching 2019 traffic levels, CEO sayson August 18, 2022 at 1:36 pm in News, News/Business
Air Canada released statistics on Wednesday night indicating ridership levels are approaching 2019, pre-pandemic levels.
- The Bay reinvents itself with … Zellers? Why Hudson’s Bay is resurrecting the beloved discount store:The company announced Wednesday that it will open Zellers locations within its Bay department stores starting early next year.on August 18, 2022 at 1:14 pm in News, News/Business
Now, about a decade later, Hudson’s Bay Co. — which has owned the Zellers brand since the late ’70s — plans to revive the defunct retailer, banking on name recognition and nostalgia to attract crowds.
- UPDATE: More than just fires: Georgina firefighters train for grain rescue:Georgina Fire and Rescue Services participated in grain rescue trainingon August 18, 2022 at 10:00 am in News
Georgina Fire and Rescue Services recently participated in BeGrainSafe, the Canadian Agricultural Safety Association (CASA)’s grain safety program.
- He? She? They? York Region hospitals to ask for preferred pronouns:Southlake, Oak Valley and Stevenson Memorial say ‘words matter’ when it comes to helping LGBTQ2S+ communityon August 18, 2022 at 10:00 am in News
York Region hospitals to ask for preferred pronouns. Hospitals in Newmarket, Markham and Alliston hope this new approach will help create a ‘safe space’ for the queer community. Southlake, Oak Valley and Stevenson Memorial say ‘words matter’ when it comes to helping LGBTQ2S+ community.
- ‘Entering a new era’: What is the way forward for Chinese news outlets after Sing Tao Daily ceases publication？:Canada’s largest Chinese-language newspaper to close in Auguston August 18, 2022 at 10:00 am in News
Canada’s largest Chinese-language newspaper to close in August.
- Mississauga and Thornhill residents behind GTA temp agencies charged by CRA for allegedly evading $7.2M in taxes:Charges stem from alleged tax evasion between 2012 and 2016on August 18, 2022 at 9:55 am in News, News/Crime
Charges stem from alleged tax evasion between 2012 and 2016.
- ‘Bradford has his memories’: Town dedicates bench in Rotary Park to memory of George Mavrakakis:Friends and family of George Mavrakakis say they will visit his bench to connect with himon August 18, 2022 at 9:00 am in News
Friends and family of George Mavrakakis say they will visit his bench to connect with him.